|Headquarters||Cannon Bridge House, 25 Dowgate Hill, London EC4R 2YA|
|Support Number||0800 1953100|
|Support Types||email , phone , livechat|
|Languages||22 languages supported|
|Trading Platform||web platform | MT4 | mobile platforms | advanced platforms|
|Minimum 1st Deposit||$450|
|Minimum Account Size||$450|
|Minimum Trade Amount||0.1|
|Maximum Trade Amount||each instrument has a limit|
|Spread||fixed | variable|
|Free Demo Account||Open Demo|
|Regulation||Regulated by FCA, ASIC, MAS, and other regulators|
|Account Types||spread betting , CFD , shares|
|Deposit Methods||Debit Card , Credit Card , PayPal , BPay|
|Withdrawal Methods||Debit Card , Credit Card , PayPal , BPay|
|Number of Assets||16,000+|
|Types of Assets||forex , indices , shares , commodities , cryptocurrencies|
|US Traders Allowed|
Established in 1974, IG is one of the oldest brokerage companies in the world, claiming to have more than 195,000 clients worldwide. The company offers access to over 16,000 markets through spread betting and CFDs, allowing you to find opportunity in both rising and falling markets. In addition, IG also offers DMA trading services for shares and Forex.
The Online Trading Platform allows you to trade directly from a web browser, with access to a broad range of risk management tools, indicators and drawings, breaking news, smart settings, and others. Compatible with most of the popular browsers, this is the right pick if you don’t want to install any software.
Mobile trading continues to become more popular, which is why IG had included apps for iPhone, Android, iPad, and Android tablets. Secured with 256-bit SSL encryption and offering exclusive data on forex, stocks, indices, and other instruments, all mobile platforms are of great use when you’re not at your desk.
MetaTrader 4 is also among the IG platforms, which is good news for traders who want to benefit from automated trading, customizable charts, and thousands of MT4 indicators.
ProRealTime is a platform designed for professional clients, containing a lot of interesting features like ProRealTrend, easy order placement, ProScreener, and custom indicators. If you want faster execution on a huge range of markets, this might be a better choice, if you are able to qualify for the professional clients’ program.
The L2 dealer is an advanced platform that offers DMA services and the ability to interact directly with stock exchange order books. Improved liquidity and pricing, professional order control, and enhanced trading technology are a few of its features.
Given that IG operates on a global scale, it is one of the companies that managed to get approval from most of the important regulators. UK’s FCA, Germany’s BaFin, South Africa’s FSCA, Singapore’s MAS, and many others, are the agencies that have authorized IG to operate inside their countries.
In terms of account types, options will depend on your country or region. There are basically three types of accounts that could be opened with IG:
- CFD account – compatible with MT4 and allowing access to instruments like FX, indices, shares, commodities, cryptocurrencies, ETFs, and more. Leverage is allowed, and it can be suitable for hedging.
- Spread betting account – also compatible with MT4 allows access to the same instruments, but for some countries is could also provide tax-free leveraged dealing.
- Share dealing account – allows the ability to invest in over 10,000 international stocks and ETFs. Low commission rates and you can add an ISA or a SIPP.
At the time of writing, IG does not have any major promotion available for its clients.
Pros and Cons
- IG offers an easy-to-use Web-based platform.
- The IG customer service is one of the most reliable in the market.
- There are a lot of great deposit and withdrawal tools.
- Some instruments carry high trading fees.
- Not all clients have access to all trading features, depending on their jurisdiction.
- There are no special promotions to reward customers.
If you want to trade, you’ll find a tone of information on IG’s website. Managing risk, strategy and planning, trading seminars, webinars, and other useful resources are available.